Kamfounata - Moroccan Ratatouille
- 2 Eggplants cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 Zucchini cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 2 Bell peppers cut into thin slices
- 1 Onion sliced
- 5 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. Tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Parsley or coriander chopped
- olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
Sprinkle eggplants with salt and leave to drain for 60 minutes. Rinse and dry. Fry briefly until lightly brown in hot oil and drain on paper towels.
Fry zucchini until lightly brown and drain on paper towels. Gently fry onion and pepper on low gentle heat until onion is golden brown and pepper is soft.
Make tomatoe sauce by frying garlic until golden. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar and simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced to thick sauce.
Stir in all vegetables and parsley or coriander. Remove from heat and serve hot or cold.