Hard boiled eggs in meatloaf you say? Try it. You won’t regret it.
Klops - Meat Loaf
- 1 1/2 lbs. Ground beef
- 1 Onion finely grated
- 2 Tbls. Tomato paste optional
- 1/4 Cup Matzo meal or fine bread crumbs
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup Parsley finely chopped
- 3 Peeled hard boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 lbs. Peeled tomatoes or can of peeled tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp. Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
Mix all meatloaf ingredients except eggs and work well to soft paste.
Form into fat sausage shaped loaf and place in an oiled loaf pan or baking dish.
Make depressions along top and press hard boiled egg into each and pat meat over them to completely cover.
Bake at preheated 375°F (190°C) for 60 minutes or until browned.
At same time, make sauce by liquefying tomatoes.
Simmer in saucepan with sugar and a bit of salt and pepper for +20 minutes to reduce sauce.