Cold FIsh with Pine Nut Sauce
Cold Fish with Pine Nut Sauce
- 9 lbs. Fish skinned and filleted
- 2 Slices White bread crusts removed
- 2 ½ Cups Pine nuts
- 4 Lemons juiced, to taste
- 3-5 Garlic cloves crushed, to taste
- 1-2 Cup Oil
- 1/4 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and white pepper
- Flat leafed parsley to garnish
Brush large sheet of foil with extra-virgin olive oil. Place fish in middle and season with salt. Wrap in a loose aluminum foil parcel, twisting edges to seal.
Cook whole fish with head on in foil at 400°F (200°C). After 25 minutes, remove parcel with head. Bake for another 45-60 minutes or until it flakes.
Sauce: soak bread in water and squeeze dry. Put in food processor with pine nuts (reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish), lemon juice, garlic oil, salt and pepper, and enough of cooked fish juice, about 3/4 cup, to make a cream/mayonnaise consistency.
Cover fish with sauce and garnish with parsley and pine nuts.