Roz ou Hamud
Rice with a Green Vegetable Sauce
- 1 Chicken
- 2-3 Leeks cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 1 Head Celery with leaves, cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 3 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/2-3 Lemons juiced
- 1 tsp. Sugar to taste
- 3 Zucchini cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 6 Artichoke hearts cut in half
- 1/2 Cup Pine nuts or blanched almonds ground in a food processor
- 2 Tbsp. Dried mint
- 2 1/2 Cups Rice freshly cooked
Bring 9 cups of water to boil with whole chicken. Remove scum and simmer for 1 hour.
Lift carcass out, remove skin and bones, and return meat to pot.
Add leeks, celery, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice, sugar, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add zucchini and artichoke hearts, simmer for another 15 minutes.
Add ground pine nuts or almonds, mint, and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Serve in soup bowls over rice.